Hi! I'm Alexander Cobleigh, aka
I'm an independent researcher and currently part of the Dat Consortium and the European Secure Scuttlebutt Consortium. I'm the current editor of the Secure Scuttlebutt Consortium's Newsletter, as well as one of the main developers of Cabal, a peer-to-peer group chat, which I took the initiative on in April of 2018.
I'm also finishing up research into subjective moderation systems, which I detail in my soon-to-be-published Master's Thesis work TrustNet.
I quit my job at the end of 2019 to focus on combining usability with peer-to-peer applications and ideas.
If you support the vision of the work I've been lucky to have been part of so far, or enjoy stuff like:
- the open source wiki I built,
- the LocalStorage-based private budget tracker (use on yr phone),
- the music newsletter I published for 51 consecutive weeks,
- my writing, such as the article on the 12 pomodoro work day
It would help me a lot if you would be willing to support me.
- Github Sponsors Currently the best way to sponsor me, as Microsoft doubles each pledge until October 2020.
- Patreon Excuse the sparseness; it will be tidied up once it gains traction
- Paypal For one-off donations
You could also consider buying an album from my extensive Bandcamp wishlist
Thank you for your consideration and your time,